Policy on supply chain stewardship
Electric Autobus was formed to improve the lives of all who share this planet by mitigating the harmful effects of anthropogenic climate change. We are equally passionate about improving the health and daily lives of our end customers, the passengers on our buses.
Toward this end, Electric Autobus trades in ideas, experiences, relationships, knowledge, goods and services. Our business is international in scope and local in application.
Integrity, fairness, and societal benefit are key values of Electric Autobus.
Electric Autobus recognises that the procurement process is an important lever in encouraging and rewarding social and environmental practices which meet and exceed internationally accepted standards. Furthermore, we recognise the risk of funding organisations which do not uphold environmental or social standards through procurement.
We apply the following practices to the greatest extent possible consistent with our scale and sphere of influence:
- Know your supplier
- Specifically evaluate major supply chain partners employees’ welfare and business conduct practices
- Evaluate the extended supply chain based on risk assessment
- Seek audits for additional assurance
- Encourage and assist customers to conduct their own independent supply chain due diligence
In particular, we always visit production factories for our products and major components. There we meet with employees and seek evidence of employee welfare in the following areas:
- Health and safety
- Employment conditions
- Remuneration and work hours
- Working environment